- The Authority may, in its discretion, form additional advisory committees.
This committee shall be responsible for advising the Authority on all financial matters and overseeing financial activities undertaken by the NVTA professional staff, including:
- Reviewing, commenting on, and recommending the annual budget presented by the Executive Director
- Reviewing, commenting on, and recommending any budget amendments presented by the Executive Director
- Overseeing the NVTA’s financial policies (e.g., bond, investment, procurement, risk management) and making appropriate recommendations
- Monitoring contracts for incidental services, including incidental financial services, and recommending task orders
- Monitoring NVTA’s expenditures for compliance with policies and guidance of the NVTA
- Reviewing annual revenue estimates
- Approving the selection of an audit firm and audit work plan supporting the annual preparation of financial statements
- Assisting with other financial activities as may be directed by the NVTA.
- The Committee shall consist of five (5) members of the NVTA appointed by the Chairman for staggered two year terms. The chairman and vice chairman will be selected by the NVTA chairman.
Next MeetingTo be announced.
Future MeetingsTo be announced.
Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA
Hon. Hal Parrish, City of Manassas, Chairman
Hon. Jeanette Rishell, City of Manassas Park, Vice Chairman
Hon. Sharon Bulova, Fairfax County
Hon. Phyllis Randall, Loudoun County
Hon. Allison Silberberg, City of Alexandria