Date(s) - January 4, 2018
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) will hold a public hearing Thursday, Jan. 4 on transportation projects to be funded by the concession fee to the Commonwealth as part of the financial agreement with Express Mobility Partners for additional improvements to I-66.
The public is invited to learn about and comment on the following projects:
- Route 234/Balls Ford Road interchange and relocation in Prince William
- Virginia Railway Express Manassas Line upgrade – Phase I
- Balls Ford Road widening from Groveton Road to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) in Prince William
- I-66 median widening at Route 29 for WMATA in Fairfax
- Commuter parking garage at Fairfax Corner
- George Snyder Trail in Fairfax City
- Widen Jermantown Road bridge to four lanes over I-66 in Fairfax
- Western bus maintenance facility in Prince William
- East Falls Church Metro Bus bay expansion in Arlington
- Monument Drive bridge pedestrian improvements in Fairfax
- Route 50/Waples Mill Road intersection improvements in Fairfax
- Construct Poplar Tree Road bridge to four lanes over Route 28 in Fairfax
- Lee Highway pedestrian improvements in Fairfax
- Nutley Street SW multi-use trail to Metro in Vienna
- Route 29 improvements from Shirley Gate Road to Pickwick Road (This project was added at the Dec. 6 CTB meeting).
An open house will begin at 6 p.m., followed by the hearing at 6:30 p.m. in the Potomac Conference Room of VDOT’s Northern Virginia District Office at 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.